Pages

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, May 30, 2011

Pooch

Last week, we began telling individual friends about our exciting news.  On Saturday evening, I had a graduation dinner with my classmates and professors.  After I told them I was pregnant, my professor quietly commented to me that she suspected it when she saw me walk into the room.  I feel like all of a sudden over the past week, my belly has a pooch.  I'm very glad that by the end of this week, the news will be public and I won't have to hide my growing belly anymore. 

I have to admit though, having been stick thin for most of my life, seeing my tummy protrude more and more is taking some adjustment.  It's hard not to think I'm getting fat.  I do have a couple sources of comfort though:  T says he loves my belly; and ultimately, God is watching over how I grow - and God makes beautiful things.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Olive, I wish I could be there to see your progress and experience those happy moments with you. I can only imagine how elated the cousins, aunts and uncles family will be when they hear the good news! :)

    Is Tim already giving Canucks commentary to the little one? Hehe

    Love,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete