Pages

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No bulk buying allowed

T has quickly discovered that one of the quirks of having a pregnant wife is that I will be absolutely crazy about a certain food one day and completely abhor it the next (and by next, I mean day - or hour - or minute).  So he gave me a piece of sound advice to keep in mind every time I go out for groceries:  Don't buy anything in bulk!  Let me tell you, I have been terribly tempted at times to buy lots of whatever it is I'm craving at the moment.  But I've learned to listen to the voice of reason - and these days it sounds very much like the voice of my husband.  And I'm super glad.  Because otherwise, I'd probably be stuck with lots of Triscuits, cucumbers, hummus, cranberry juice, goat mozzarella and other things I don't even remember liking anymore.  And I'd have a fridge full of half-eaten meals.  Oh wait, our fridge IS full of half-eaten meals. 

On another note, I realized I often gag when I brush my teeth these days.  I'm wondering if it's the minty toothpaste.  So I'm trying kids "fruit flavoured" toothpaste for now.  It tastes more like bubble gum but I figure if it'll help me actually get a decent teeth-brushing instead of a race-against-the-gag kind of teeth-brushing, it'll be worth it.  And if the taste doesn't help, maybe all the Toy Story characters on the toothpaste tube will distract me enough.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. can you find some "unflavoured" toothpaste? at least no chemical, probably you are sensitive to smelling. just a thought. the little one is already spoiled, :o

    ReplyDelete