Pages

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Dr.'s visit

Today, we went to see my family doctor for our first prenatal appointment.  It seems like everything's ok!  She referred us to an obstetrician (aka, the OB, or what T calls "the baby doctor") in our area who happens to be female and asian (I was surprised when I heard her name - I guess I had expected a caucasian male doctor?  haha).

After giving me a thorough check-up, she sent me down to the lab to get some more tests done.  Eight vials of blood (ok, maybe it was six or seven, but it sure felt like eight!) and a urine sample later, I was free to leave.  I really had not expected so many tests.  And she said this was only half of them!

We have another appointment with the family doctor next week to finish the other half of the tests and fill in a big chart for the OB.  According to the doctor today, my projected due date is November 29, 2011.  We'll see what the OB says.

Good news is that I'm only a couple weeks away from the end of this secretly sicky and tired first trimester.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment