Pages

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Think It's Sinking In

In the last week, the reality that I am going to be a parent has slowly hit home on several occasions.  Last week, I had to sign some medical paperwork and as my doctor handed me the sheet and pointed to the dotted line, I was shocked to see the words, "Mother's signature" next to the line.  I stared at it for a few seconds before signing my name.  I'm still in shock that I signed it! 

This morning, I met my OB (baby doctor) for the first time.  She used a handy little device called a Dopplar to locate our baby's heartbeat.  T was there in the room with me when we heard the rapid fire "thump thump thump thump thump."  It brought a huge smile to both our faces.

This afternoon, my mother-in-law took me maternity clothes shopping.  We discovered the hard way that all of the department stores at the mall no longer carry maternity clothes.  This is partly because most shirts these days are loose enough and long enough to be used as maternity clothes.  The unfortunate part is that they don't carry pants or underwear suitable for growing bellies.  In the end, we went to the one and only "maternity" clothing store at the mall.  After picking out several items, I went to the dressing rooms to try them on.  As I tried one item, my mom-in-law would browse the store and come back with another item or two.  I felt like I tried on at least a quarter of the store!  Oh, and they had this pillow thing that I could attach to my torso to simulate what I might look like four months from now.  I put it on under several outfits.  We giggled every time I came out of the dressing room with the insta-belly.  In the end, I got a couple dresses (perfect for summer!), a pair of capri pants and a top - all as a gift from my in-laws.  (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)  I am super-excited about wearing these clothes, not only because they're incredibly comfortable, they also let people know that I'm pregnant.  =D

1 comment:

  1. i've got a couple bags of maternity clothes that you are very welcome to borrow-- mainly a collection of clothes from myself and a bunch of friends at church-- and for some reason I ended up with them. I would be happy to either drop them off and have you go through them and pick out what you think you would want to use or you can come by and pick them up. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete