Pages

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, April 25, 2011

My crazy dreamworld

It's said that one of the effects of pregnancy is vivid dreams.  In the past week, I have dreamt about paragliding onto a ship, escaping from an evil witch and her minions, driving to a retreat on a First Nations reserve and one of my professors asking to take home some of my chow mien.  Haha.  With these kinds of adventures, I'm fully content living in my 2-bedroom apartment all day long!

In general though, I can identify several themes in my dreamland.  They all pretty much relate to my physical/wakeful state of being:  food (because I'm feeling hungry and need to get up to eat), trying not to tell people that I'm pregnant, telling people that I'm pregnant, and trying to find a bathroom (because I actually need to get up and go).

I really look forward to when I can tell people we're expecting.  Four more weeks of secrecy!  In a way though, I am glad we chose to only tell our immediate family until the first trimester is over.  I feel like it gives me some space to finish up my schoolwork and do some internal spring cleaning before the next big thing gets ushered into my life.  I want to capitalize on this time of not needing to mention the baby in every conversation and remember that there are many other topics of interest out there.  For that reason, I have yet to put my hands on a single baby book.  I figure once the world knows, I'll have books and advice aplenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment