Pages

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, April 15, 2011

Excuse me, whose body am I inhabiting?

These days, I feel like I'm living in a borrowed body.  Like someone switched bodies on me while I was sleeping.  My sleep rhythm has changed, my eating preferences have changed, and the way I look and feel have already started to change.  I used to be most productive in the afternoons.  Now afternoons are reserved for naps.  It's a strange sensation, to say the least.  I'm learning new things about my "home" every day.  And I'm making adjustments accordingly.  There is much need for grace here. And openness to what is new and unfamiliar.

I guess for most of my adult life so far, my body has been pretty consistent.  Going through this experience helps me to appreciate what it might be like for those who are aging or ill.  It's really out of our control.  And the best we can do is accept it, perhaps laugh at it (or cry), and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment